No Worries at The Pontchartrain: Luxury Living on the Avenue
Courtesy The Pontchartrain, New Orleans LIVING WELL Magazine
In the city that care forgot, our residents don’t eat to live, they live to eat.
Here at The Pontchartrain, our venerable Caribbean Room has been world famous for providing excellent creole cuisine to presidents, movie stars and dignitaries with discriminating palates.
Starting with only the freshest ingredients in preparation, our chefs bring back some of the well-known delicacies that made the Caribbean Room famous. Menu items such as Crab Cakes Oscar, Pasta Di Giorno, and Crabmeat Remick, will be combined with old favorites like Shrimp Remoulade, Corn and Crab Bisque Soup, and Crawfish Etouffee.
The quality of the food is only surpassed by the elegance of the Caribbean Room, which has been painstakingly returned to its historic luxury. Our signature dessert, Mile High Pie has returned to round out that truly special meal. Residents can serve on our fine dining committee to provide constant input to our kitchen.
To make an appointment for viewing any day of the week, please call The Pontchartrain at 504-524-0581.
- 24-hour concierge services
- Housekeeping staff will clean your apartment twice a week – the way you want.
- Our emergency response system is monitored 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week, by our well-trained staff.
- Washers and dryers are provided on every floor for your convenience.
- Salon and spa services provided on premises, available by reservation.
- All utilities provided.
- Individual climate control for personal comfort in each unit.
- Resident and guest valet parking from our front door.
- Private individual interior mailboxes.
- Social and cultural programs along with a full calendar of activities from our social director.
- Scheduled transportation for community-sponsored trips, events and local shopping.