Choosing a Funeral Provider
By DW Newcomer’s Sons, Johnson County LIVING WELL Magazine
History is important…That’s why area families appreciate the fact that DW Newcomer’s Sons has been in the Kansas City market since 1893. We have had the privilege of serving tens of thousands of families (maybe your families’ needs) through our Johnson County Chapel and Cemetery, Overland Park Chapel, Shawnee Mission Memory Gardens and Oak Lawn Cemetery.
Choosing a funeral provider is important too. We hope you choose us, but whether you choose our family or another, here are some helpful tips when choosing a funeral home.
- A caring, knowledgeable staff – It’s important that the funeral home you choose has an experienced and thoughtful staff who will take the time to explain your options.
- A full-service, reputable facility – Some funeral and cremation providers offer limited services or advertise prices that are not inclusive of all the services you need. Ask questions to ensure that you understand the services you will receive for the price quoted.
- A funeral home that will accommodate your needs and requests – Including location, time, religious or military needs, and the way you choose to have your loved one remembered.
- An itemized list of prices.
Plan to Live
Throughout our lives, we anticipate and plan for many of life’s most important events. Doesn’t it make sense to plan your funeral and cemetery arrangements ahead of time too?
By planning ahead, you can:
- Help ease your family’s emotional burden.
- Avoid difficult decisions at a stressful time.
- Ensure that your wishes are known.
The Simplicity Planner is a comprehensive workbook that lets you document information your family will need to know regarding your wishes and how to celebrate your life. It provides peace of mind in knowing that your loved will not be burdened by financial worries or making difficult decisions. Please call Barbara Kannady, 913-648-6224, for your complimentary planner or for a personal tour of any of our facilities. Or visit our website, www.DWNewcomers.com.